As it’s our first episode back after a break, we thought, hey, why ease in gently when we can dive right back in by tackling one of the most addictive substances on the planet – sugar. Quitting sugar can be really hard!
Sugar is a really interesting topic when it comes to nutrition because so often we think we’re eating well by buying organic or shopping at health food stores, but we can still be falling prey to the sweet tooth. Sugar is sugar, so let’s dive in.
Subscribe and listen to the Today Is The Day Podcast on:
If you’re loving the show, please be sure to leave a review!
Covered In This Episode
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The different names for sugar and where it hides
- The staggering amount of sugar we’re unknowingly consuming each year
- The impact sugar has on various functions of the body
- The social implications of sugar and how it creates bonding
- The association between sugar and cancer risk
- The shocking impact sugar has on the immune system
- How to best kick the habit and approach quitting sugar
- Where artificial sweeteners fit in with this conversation
- Our favourite sweet recipes that have no added sugar